- The Readers’ Favorite 2016 International Book Awards were announced yesterday. Once in a Blue Year was a finalist in the Fiction-Military category!
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children was excellent, and I’m not generally a fan of Burton’s films. It was creative, intriguing, and thoroughly entertaining. Highly recommended.
- What was the Navy thinking when it got rid of job titles? I was always proud to be a Machinist’s Mate even though my actual job didn’t require machining. It was a traditional rating with a long history.
- I am so very glad that hockey season begins in 11 days. Let’s go Pens!
- I encountered no less than three people texting and driving this weekend, and I still haven’t figured out a way to legally retaliate.
- For some reason, I really miss Vegas today. Well, I guess I miss Vegas a little at some point every day.
- How’s this for a story of drunken sailor debauchery?
Going overboard: Bar and cinema trashed by ‘drunken Royal Navy officers’