I started writing this novel several years ago before Once in a Blue Year was even finished. I had a rough idea and a couple of scenes. I worked on it from time to time but got distracted by other projects (none of which I finished either). Over the years, the title changed, the characters changed, and the story evolved. At the beginning of the pandemic, I decided now was the time. I had always complained that if I had more time, I could finish it in a month. I had no more excuses. I dug out all the random files and started piecing them together. To my surprise, I had amassed over 500,000 words of material. The process from April until now has been chaotic, but I managed to create a viable draft. Now the hard part of revision begins. I still have a long way to go, but I am ready to give it a title: Summer of Bicycle Disasters.